My two cents – The number one health problem that causes disability in the Phili…
Tags: 122018obrero, conditioning, correctiveexercise, davaocity, elderlywellness, generalconditioning, homehealththerapy, kilosdavao, maintenance, myofascialrelease, nutrition, occupationaltherapy, onlinecoaching, personaltraining, physicaltherapy, postrehab, rehab, safewellnessgoals, smartgoals, sportsconditioning, therapy
My two cents – The number one health problem that causes disability in the Philippines from 2016 is low back and neck pain(health data.org 2016) Less than 10 percent of lower back pain has an organic origin. On the other hand, most of the pain is caused by a group of conditions called biomechanical stress that overload the spinal structure and is not limited to (inquirer.net 2012):
• Compressive forces from improperly lifting a heavy weight.
• Tension on ligaments and muscles from bending forward in an extreme position.
• Twisting forces from exposure to abnormal positions over a long period of time.
• Trauma from a fall.
• Weakening or atrophying of muscles and pressures on disks from a lifetime of poor posture.
• Static muscle strain from long periods in uncomfortable positions (sedentary workers are specially prone to this)
• Muscle spasm from injury.
• Tense painful muscles from distressed emotional state.
• Tight short muscles from heavy manual labor.
• Improperly fitted shoes (especially high heels)
And From the data above, biomechanical stress causes variable back and neck injuries, but can be controlled for the most part. So why don’t we? Active lifestyle change is good but only to a certain extent, overuse and poor body mechanics could cause injuries too. Everything in moderation and proper form is key. If you base your actions on your ego every time you hit the iron or say perform a WOD, you are increasing the risk of injuries. It does not make you any different from a sedentary individual or someone with poor posture who acquired back/neck pain. I guess you just chose a different poison.
#kilosdavao #122018obrero #davaocity #safewellnessgoals #smartgoals #therapy #rehab #postrehab #maintenance #elderlywellness #occupationaltherapy #physicaltherapy #conditioning #generalconditioning #sportsconditioning #correctiveexercise #personaltraining #homehealththerapy #onlinecoaching #nutrition #myofascialrelease